Search for atmospheres
Writing in a Thunderstorm
Dark and Stormy Night
October 27, 2015
Finally, I'm back on the road! I always write better when I'm travelling. I just drove and drove until I came upon an out of the way bed-and-breakfast in the Virginia foothills. It used to be a mansion, but was bought and converted into an inn when the children of the original owners decided to sell.
The house is old enough - I hear occasional creaking noises, and I feel a draft creeping into my room from time to time. But the grandfather clock is comforting, and I have curtains to keep out the night, and a fire in the grate to keep out the chill.
As I got out my typewriter, I began to hear the deep rumble of an oncoming thunderstorm. It merely adds to the ambiance, though. Time to write!
"It was a dark and stormy night." No, that won't do...
Comments for "Dark and Stormy Night"
License details for "Dark and Stormy Night"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Old Book Being Handled by Abolla from http://freesound.org +)
- Old Typewriter 1 by juskiddink from http://freesound.org +)
- Wind howling inside a building by sagetyrtle (freesounds.org) +)
- Crackling Fire by sagetyrtle from http://freesound.org +)
- Thunder by Soundbible.com +)
- Creaky Chair 2 by stackpool +)
- Rain from inside a room by ultradust from http://freesound.org +)
- grandfather clock ticking by Zermoth at https://www.freesound.org/people/Zermonth/sounds/116636/ +)